Latest Entertainment News: Dhortune Thatondoboy, Wins Afrimusic Song Contest 2020.

Admin
By -
0



Dhortune Thatondoboy, Wins Afrimusic Song Contest 2020, he wrote on his official facebook and IG page expressing his gratitude ;

THANK YOU AFRICA, THANK YOU NIGERIANS

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Words won’t do justice to the joy in my heart when I was announced as the winner of Afrimusic Song Contest for the year 2020. Since inception three years ago, it would be the first time a West African and a Nigerian in particular would emerge as the winner of the Africa’s biggest song contest.

I’d like to appreciate the organisers of Afrimusic Song Contest for this platform that has been availed young artistes all over the 54 countries that make up Africa. I also thank the judges drawn from different parts of the continent. The seamless coordination and integrity demonstrated throughout the contest from February 20 to April 25, 2020 is highly commendable. This initiative is indeed connecting Africa through music.

This victory should mark a reawakening among fellow youths. It should reiterate the advantage in our youthful vigour and number. It should spark an uncommon belief in our capacity to be instrument for social change. The power to change the narrative and create the future we desire is in our hands and we can’t afford hopelessness. The trajectory of my victory is a proof. From initial nondescript part of over a hundred entries to being among top seven, to becoming third and finally finding my way to the top of the pie at the end of the competition through our collective efforts shows that the future we desire is in our own hands to create. As a competition where a winner is determined mainly by public votes, it is glaring the role well wishers all over the world played in the outcome of the final results. Dhortune Thatondoboy from Nigeria pulled a staggering and unprecedented 315,314 public votes to become Africa Champion among initial 113 songs from 24 countries. This feat is impossible if not for the love shown to me by Nigerians home and abroad. On this note I want to thank everyone that mobilised resources, canvassed and voted for me through out the competition. This win is for all of us.
Special thanks to the Osemawe and Paramount Ruler of Ondo Kingdom, His Imperial Majesty Oba Dr Adesimbo Kiladejo, CFR, Jilo III and the Osemawe Palace Forum for their royal support and blessings.
Thanks to my campaign team. Thanks to Afrimusic Team Dhortune WhatsApp group and other WhatsApp groups dedicated to this victory. Thank you to social media friends. I am humbled by everyone’s dedication. On my part, I dedicate this victory to Almighty God, the giver of talent and opportunities.

Even though this victory is coming at a time of many uncertainties marked by the Covid19 pandemic ravaging every part of the world, I have a strong conviction that irrespective of our race, status and geography, the world as a family shall defeat this common enemy in no distant time.

I’d like to assure the organisers as well as my teeming fans that my team and I shall strive to evolve a working relationship with relevant ministries in the country to ensure we have the best tenure as Africa Champion of the biggest music contest in the continent. Nigeria is the present home of music not just in Africa but all over the world. It would be a huge honour and pleasure to contribute my own quota to this truth.

Thank you 💯

Dhortune Thatondoboy, Winner Afrimusic Song Contest 2020

Post a Comment

0Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To show the Comment System.*