PRESS RELEASE

Admin
By -
0


http://kit9ja.blogspot.com.ng/

It is my hope and prayer that this Statement meets you - fellow state and country men, mothers, fathers, our indefatigable youths made up of untiring sons and daughters of Ijesa North, in good health and stead.
After due consideration of the best character I want to be known for in my political sojourn in life which speaks honour and truth, and from a need to set the records straight on unfolding issues with far-reaching effect on the politics of the Oriade/Obokun Federal Representative Election next year, this Press Release is forthwith tendered.
May I, before proceeding, quickly take this opportunity to offer again my deepest appreciation to every single individual who have given themselves in service to this cause, and in continuing to do so, I must implore us to be guided by honour and respect for all. We have a duty from God and in law to treat everyone fairly and in the same way we hope to be treated.
This past months I have done nothing else than to demonstrate my readiness to put up a good contest for the Oriade/Obokun House of Representatives Election, and my words and actions directly witnessed of me, bear testimony to my insistent leaning on truth and fair play. I intend to continue to abide by this sense of fairness in respect of others and the political process.

There are certain conventions in politics that people subscribe to that I totally disagree with, a few should suffice : “Politics is do or die”, or “All is fair in politics”. The two statements above are a tiny fraction of specious conventions that the present generation holds which has altered their mindset and dictate their actions and words.
By God’s grace and wisdom, the above conventions are sadly accepted practices in politics that I find inimical to the whole idea of democracy and a free and fair electoral process. Elections to me begin on the very day one formally indicates interest to contest an office, it is therefore from that moment that the expression ‘free and fair’ becomes binding.
I am not one to leverage on a person’s character flaw. I do not emphasis personal issues, nor have ever or will ever resort to name calling or shaming a candidate to tarnish his reputation. I expect a similar behaviour and adherence from all who truly are a part of my team.
That said, I do not concede that the very nature of the political process suggests that the best intent may be prosecuted through unacceptable means and I will like to use this medium to firmly appeal that any friend, associate and partner connected to the ITURA 2019 project should desist forthwith from name calling, violence and any character that offends humanity.
I, in truth, cannot successfully monitor each and every expressions from certain persons purporting to speak for me even if I wanted to. It is this limitation that informs this statement in part, even as I must advise caution in drawing conclusions that such persons act for me where that is absolutely untrue and evidently calculated to give my genuine efforts so far a bad name. And for the avoidance of doubt, kindly take note of the following;
1. That I , Pelumi Olajengbesi, have indeed indicated interest, and begun preliminary engagement with our people in pursuit of my interest in the House of Representatives seat thereof. And that the said ambition is being pursued within the legally, ethically and morally prescribed boundaries of our society, and by person and character, I wholly detest and deliberately discountenance actions that could put me in disrepute.
2. It is my firm belief that despite one’s individual ambition, no one must aspire to office by mauling and maligning the name and person of another. I find the very notion in contradiction of every principle I hold dear, and in clear disparity with the Yoruba Omoluabi virtue.
3. I believe that we can advance our message and canvass for support in a civilised manner, without wasting precious time and energy in denigrating an opponents. Such tactics distract from more serious issues and muddle the political process to no one’s apparent benefit.
4. That I have not constituted persons in the capacity of Personal Assistants or any such capacity, acting for and on behalf of my person. I have over the months never felt the need for such assignations as by God and sheer will, I have engmjoyed the privilege of friends who have continue to invest their time and energy in the general pursuit of our goal.
5. In the next few days, I hope to announce certain friends to take formal charge of specific tasks for us as my aides. Pending the subsisting issues on ground, this whole missive is thus a DISCLAIMER of past, present or future publications of defamatory nature claiming to emanate from myself or my team. It is simply not our method.
The public must kindly take note.
Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq. is an aspiring House of Representatives Member, Oriade/Obokun Federal Constituency and the Principal Partner at Pelumi Olajengbesi & Co. Law Corridor.



By. Icon Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To show the Comment System.*